Thursday 27 March 2014

Golden Oldies Thursday - Yellow & Peach

I always seem to be stumped when it comes to GOT prompts. I found two eligible polishes for this week's yellow/peach theme, but then I couldn't think of anything interesting with them. There's only so many dotticures I can do without getting bored.

Barry M Lemon Ice Cream and Seventeen Glisten.

In the end I decided to bring out my striping brush and try something new - a lattice and star-burst pattern. I started with three thick coats of Barry M Lemon Ice Cream - a streaky pastel yellow nightmare. I am so happy I now have a Nails Inc dupe for it... Once that was dry, I freehanded the patterns with a striping brush and Seventeen Glisten. I wish I had used the lattice pattern on all the nails, it looks like a delicious lemon pie!

Polishes I used:
  • Barry M Lemon Ice Cream - a pastel yellow crème and a complete nightmare to apply. It takes between 3-4 careful coats to be opaque, is streaky and uneven. The drying time is reasonable, which is a good thing considering the number of coats needed.
  • Seventeen Glisten - a gorgeous peach base with a strong gold shimmer. On its own opaque in 2-3 coats and very easy to apply. I've been very happy with all Seventeen polishes I own - it's a great budget brand!
Thanks for looking, and check out other GOT manicures below!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm not used to these colours but I'm in love with your combo! Index and ring finger above all! I'm just thinking of a blue version of your nail art <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments! I read and appreciate them all :)