Tuesday 18 March 2014

Tri-Polish Tuesdays - March round three!

Polishes used: H&M Lady Luck, Jess Joy and Ciate Pillow Fight
This week's manicure is one of my favourites so far: simple, stripy and in my favourite colours! It wasn't created without some tears, as what you're seeing here is the second version. The first one had a nude background, and more stripes, and was pretty cool until I used an untried matte top coat from Ciate, which promptly cracked all over my manicure and ruined it completely. So, if you do find a bottle of Ciate Mattnificent in a set with their chalkboard paints, never ever use it with any other polish. It just doesn't work.

Anyhow, once I'd recovered from that disaster, I started anew with a different base colour and slightly modified stripe arrangement and colours.

Foil finish stripes over a crème base.

 This time, I used Ciate Pillowfight as my base - it's a gorgeous dusty pale lilac, light and fluffy. Once that had dried, I used a thin striping brush to place stripes of the two foil polishes - green Lady Luck and blue Joy. Both the foils were perfect for painting with, opaque and super smooth. All that was left to do was to topcoat it with Seche Vite.

I love posing with square bottles!
This manicure was super easy to do, and really fun to wear - I got a lot of compliments, and I really enjoyed the contrast between the subdued, classy base and the shiny foil stripes.

Polishes I used:
  • H&M Lady Luck - blue green slightly duochrome foil that sometimes flashes a bit gold. On its own it would be opaque in two thin coats and quite brushstrokey, but it's perfect for nail art.
  • Jess Joy- icy light blue foil that is super shiny, opaque in two coats and easy to apply. An amazing polish for £1.
  • Ciate Pillow Fight - gorgeous dusty greyish lilac crème, elegant and sophisticated. It looks light and almost fluffy on the nails, it applies like a dream and is opaque in two coats - a great feature of such a light polish.
Thanks for looking, and check out other tri-polish manicures below!


2 comments:

  1. Understated and elegant. I love this look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how simple yet effective it is! Sorry about your blotched first try!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments! I read and appreciate them all :)