Tuesday 25 March 2014

Tri-Polish Tuesdays - March round four!

This week we are saying goodbye to the March colours of green, blue and purple. I will be sad to see them go - but nothing is stopping me from using them in all the other manicures, right? To give them a good send off, I decided on a jelly sandwich dotticure (dotwich?).

Polishes used: Sally Hansen Loyal Lavender, Tiger 62, Barry M SLE2013 Green and OPI Don't Touch My Tutu.
I started with a single coat of OPI Don't Touch My Tutu, and proceeded to dot on the three bright polishes with a large dotting tool. I didn't really go for symmetry or even dots - just full coverage. This part took quite a while, but I usually listen to interesting podcasts while I work on my nails, so I was busy and entertained throughout.

Dotticure sandwich in natural daylight.
Once the dots were all nice and dry I added two thin coats of the sheer white jelly to achieve this faded, milky look. I was considering adding some more dots on top of it, but in the end I decided I like the washed out foggy effect as it is. The whole thing was topped of with a coat of Seche Vite.


Milky and sweet.

The actual colours are a bit more vivid on my nails, and it's really fun to compare the bright, nearly neon bottle colours of my chosen three polishes with the final effect.

Polishes I used:
  • Sally Hansen Loyal Lavender - a subtle lavender shimmer. On its own opaque in three coats, and very pretty on the nail.
  • Tiger 62 - a bright blue crème, slow to dry and fairly opaque. Not bad for £1.
  • Barry M SLE2013 Green - a neon green jelly that was a Superdrug LE colour last year. Very sheer (four coats alone) and streaky alone, but good for nail art.
  • OPI Don't Touch My Tutu - a sheer white jelly, excellent for sandwiches. It would take 3-4 coats to be opaque alone, and it looks like fluffy clouds and marshmallows on the nail.
Thanks for looking, and check out other Tri-Polish manicures below!




1 comment:

Thanks for all your comments! I read and appreciate them all :)