Tuesday 8 April 2014

Tri-Polish Tuesday - April week 2

This has been quite a busy weekend for me, and the camping trip means I am a bit behind in the posting schedule. It's been hell on my nails as well, so I apologise in advance for my fingers!

Polishes Used: Ciate Main Stage, Color Club Poetic Hues and Barry M Cyan.
This week my new Vivid Lacquer stamping plates have arrived, so I decided to play around with them for the challenge. While I have a few stamping polishes I am confident using, I always try to find out what else I can use for stamping. After some experiments, I decided on two very opaque and saturated crèmes - Cyan and Main Stage. Both of these stamp well over pale backgrounds (as I found out when I tried a different colour configuration), so I decided to use the pale peach/yellow Poetic Hues as my base.

Stamping with Vivid Lacquer 019 plate.
 I started with two coats of Poetic Hues, and once these were dry I used the blue and pink polishes with the Vivid Lacquer plate number 019. I still seem to have random problems with stamping - sometimes it works perfectly, sometimes the design breaks a bit on my nail.

Blue and pink stamping.
The Vivid Lacquer plates are great - the designs are beautiful and fun, and large enough to cover my entire thumb with space to spare. Some designs work better with thinner polishes, especially the ones with a lot of tiny details - so if something isn't working, don't give up and try a different polish.

Polishes I used:
  • Ciate Main Stage - an eye-catching saturated berry pink crème, one of the few pinks I like! Very opaque (two coats alone), with a creamy consistency and excellent application.
  • Color Club Poetic Hues - peach leaning off-white crème, opaque in two coats and great as a base for nail art. The first coat is a bit uneven, but a thick second one solves any issues.
  • Barry M Cyan - intense blue crème, opaque in a single coat and easy to apply. Very good for stamping over lighter colours.
Thanks for looking and check out other TPC manicures below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for all your comments! I read and appreciate them all :)